Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (1)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. So you pretty much make up your own list of the top ten _______ and link back.

Top Ten Books to Read if you like The Hunger Games

Kind of a cliché, but hey, who could actually get sick of The Hunger Games? Below's a list of, mostly dystopia but completely awesome books. Note: the list is not in any particular order. (The links go to Goodreads.) BEWARE OF MILD SPOILERS

01. Gone by Michael Grant
Similarities between the two books: a closed off area with only kids inside; fights for survival; many will never make it out alive. Need I say more?

02. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
A heroine who has to fight for survival in a closed-off arena. Plus a blooming relationship with a cute guy. I think I've heard of that somewhere . . .

03. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
A contest, or rather, a race where only one winner can emerge from the dust. Sounds familiar?

04. Divgergent by Veronica Roth
This is absolutely perfect. I mean, the two badass protagonists both go through the training and whatnot and pwn (not a real word, but whatever) every one of their opponents.

05. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me will perpetually be one of my favourites. If I could marry a book, this would be it. Besides, it's dystopia to the MAX.

06. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Another fantastic series by the reknowned Kimberly Derting. Are you gonna pass this one up? I hope not. Another awesome heroine in here, protecting her little sis and going into the midst of the chaos.

07. Legend by Marie Lu
An awesome debut about another fantastically smart chick.

08. Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
The world pretty much ends and ends up in a bloody battle to the death. Ahh, my favourite . . .

09. Scored by Lauren McLaughlin
I'd have to say, Scored is much like Legend in many ways, but again, heroine plus secret battle plus cute guy.

10. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Personally, I think that Inside Out didn't get enough attention on it. It's adorable, epic, and plain awesome. The story-line is more like Catching Fire, but still, it's a great read.

Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.