Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. So you pretty much make up your own list of the top ten _______ and link back.

Top Ten Books I'd Cry To

Some are absolutely heart-touching, while others are a bit creepy, but I cried. I don't cry to a lot of books. That's gotta count for something. Note: the list is not in any particular order. (The links go to Goodreads.) BEWARE OF MILD SPOILERS

01. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
John Green is a genius. An absolute genius. I think I kind of fell in love with Augustus. (Cough, cough. Kind of?) And the ending just broke my heart. Into little indistinguishable pieces. And stomped all over it.

02. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The definition of star-crossed lovers meet in a duel to the death. (Well, not exactly duel to the death, but still.) And the band of circus entertainers was just so well crafted. The entire circus was so wonderfully thought out. And, again, it was the ending that made me eventually sob. And sob. [Sniffles]

03. Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison
Truth to be told, I hated how Derek was keeping that ginormous secret. (No, he's not a drug dealer.) But when things cleared, I couldn't help but feel so, so sad when he started to slip away.

04. The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
Fine, their personal conflicts aren't the type of thing that you'd feel as much for, but I felt that them sharing their own fears were very . . . honest. And I was so happy that they met/found each other!!!

05. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
It was all very, very sweet. And much like number one and two, the ending made me start crying. And crying.

06. Between by Jessica Warman
I have to say that this is probably the only one of Jessica Warman's books that I liked a lot, but she made it so beautiful. Liz watches her friends move on and get over her death. Her sister taking over her world. Her father falling into a drunken stupor. Her boyfriend who seems to be getting over her death, but not really. Honestly, it was her boyfriend's discovery of the "redhead in disguise" moment that made me really love the story.

07. I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
Watching Ava slowly let go of Jackson and open up is a tear-jerking thing.

08. Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
What if the person who seemed so perfect in so many ways was really so, so wrong. Watching Allie's terrible memories and her own secret knowledge of who Trip really was battle with everyone else's own idea of the Trip who could do no wrong made me want to jerk everyone out from the book (especially the ex-girlfriend) and tell them "Hey, Trip was a dickface (pardon my language), get over it."

09. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
One word: Tom. He's perfect. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, ILSA J. BICK???

10. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Oh, Varen . . . I wish that you would eventually escape that terrible, terrible place.
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.