Saturday, December 29, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (1)

Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
For the week of December 23 ~ December 29

This week, my friends, has been fantastic. Today, I got the best things in my inbox. Amelia from The Graphic Files got the most amazing feature graphics finished for me, one of which you can see above. You'll see the other graphics soon!

A quick recap of this week's posts . . . (BTW, I love your comments and feedback!)


Bought in-store at Black Bond Books



The Thin Executioner by Darren Shan
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart

I kind of fell in love with the cover of The Thin Executioner when I saw it. The Goodreads image doesn't do it justice. Besides, the stock of the cover jacket feels amazing.

I got The Mysterious Benedict Society, the paperback, from a book swap a few years back, and loved it. I borrowed the others and had a similar reaction, and recently, Black Bond Books has crazy good prices for books . . .

If you live near the area, I swear, Black Bond Books is the best.

Bought from library



Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Possessions by Nancy Holder
The Evil Within by Nancy Holder
The Screaming Season by Nancy Holder
   
Long story short, the library probably started clearing off its shelves again, so I picked up a couple of books for a dollar. Total. Which was super neat especially since The Power of Six was a hardcover. As for Kim Harrison's Once Dead, Twice Shy, I accidentally totally read the series all out of order, so I'm starting again, fresh. The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove I can easily say was the most impactful of Lauren Kate's books mostly because of how much it messed my mind up. In a good way. As for the Possessions series by Nancy Holder, I've read the first book and it was okay, but I wanted to give the series another shot. The copy of Possessions I got was actually not the one pictured above, but it's so tiny I didn't want to magnify it and make it a mess of pixels. It's not as nice and matchy as the cover I inserted in its place, but you can see it here.

Won



Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready (Thank you, Jeri!)

For Review




Dented Cans by Heather Walsh (Accepted pitch from author)
A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest (Accepted pitch from author)
The Obvious Game by Rita Arens (From Inkspell Publishing)
Daynight by Megan Thomason (For blog tour)

What did you get this week? Tell me in the comments or link me up!

Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.