Saturday, April 20, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (15)

Stacking the Shelves at Lust For Stories
Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
For the weeks of April 14 ~ April 20

And because I'm such a sucky person, I forgot to do an StS last week, so this one'll be a bit long. However, I did do something I'm very, very proud of: write a coherent review of the wonderful story by Katheleen Peacock, Hemlock.

Anyways, in the last little while, I've been thinking a lot. Not that I don't usually think, but there's obviously less post than usual recently mostly because I was thinking of how I viewed book blogging now. It's changed a lot during the last month, and I may soon put up a post about it. Maybe. As well, I've also picked up knitting, something that's not considered "cool" for teenagers, but ERMAHGERD SEW INTERESTING. Currently, I'm partway through a very simple scarf.

Who doesn't like giveaways? Enter some of the giveaways on the blog before it's too late!
A quick recap of these two weeks' posts . . . (BTW, I love your comments and feedback!)
Fade by Lisa McMann All my friends are dead by Avery Monsen & Jory John All my friends still are dead by Avery Monsen & Jory John
Fade by Lisa McMann
All my friends are dead by Avery Monsen & Jory John
All my friends still are dead by Avery Monsen & Jory John

As I said earlier, I have recently picked up knitting, so I went out one day fully intending to buy some yarn and perhaps even new needles to work with. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the yarn store that I managed to find on Google Maps nearby, so I went into the local thrift store to ask for directions but chickened out and ended up with a couple of movies and a book. That book was Fade and somehow my favourite out of Lisa McMann's Dream Catcher trilogy.

The week before last, I got All My Friends Are Still Dead, wanting to give it to a friend but ended up choosing something else for that friend. Because I knew I get the second but not the first, I asked the local indie to transfer a copy of the first book over, so I have two adorable books to read whenever I feel a little bit down!
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress
Promises by Amber Garr Betrayal by Amber Garr Arise by Amber Garr Death, Doom and Detention by Darynda Jones
Promises by Amber Garr (via Y.A. Reads and Amber Garr)
Betrayal by Amber Garr (via Y.A. Reads and Amber Garr)
Arise by Amber Garr (via Y.A. Reads and Amber Garr)
A ton of Syrenka swag from Amber Garr
Death, Doom and Detention by Darynda Jones (I'm fairly certain I won this in a giveaway, but I have no idea where! :c)

How did your week go? What did you get? Tell me in the comments or link me up!
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.