Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (20): Game by Barry Lyga

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!

Title: Game
Author: Barry Lyga
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers
Release Date: April 16, 2013
Bodies are piling up. Again.

I Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jasper (Jazz) Dent, the son of the world's most infamous serial killer.

When a desperate New York City detective comes knocking on Jazz's door asking for help with a new case, Jazz can't say no. The Hat-Dog Killer has the Big Apple--and its police force running scared with no leads. So Jazz and his girlfriend Connie hop on a plane to the big city and get swept up in a killer's murderous game.

Meanwhile, Jazz's dad Billy is watching...and waiting.
Add to Goodreads
I Hunt Killers, the previous Jasper Dent book, was an exhilarating, terrifying psychological thriller, with little intervals of comedic relief. It was incredible how much energy Barry Lyga put into I Hunt Killer to make it the way it is, dark and morbid, every single detail of the murders laid out for you, and the plot somehow managing to give me an adrenaline rush. If you don't want to read this, I think you just might need to get your priorities checked.

What are you waiting on this week? Link me up!
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.